The Good & Bad of Fashion'17

I love fashion! I don't always dress according to the current trend because it takes me a while to observe and judge and then decide whether I like it or not, so this blog is all about my take on the popular fashion trends of 2017.


Don't be into trends. Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live." —Gianni Versace

1. Tassels- I love tassels. Then can reinvent anything (not just clothing) and add a fun, colourful, PLAYFUL element to it. I especially love tassels in dupattas and earrings.
Playful
Playful-Case in point.

2. Chokers- A delicate and simplistic piece is LOVE! I am really fond of layering chokers with other necklaces, it takes an outfit from simple to fab quickly. But there is a thin line between looking classy and the dog collar look, for example, the 'stretchy henna tattoo choker' is just disgusting.. Let’s not forget the traditional Indian choker. Paired with an Indian attire it looks SO damn gorgeous, it has to be my favorite type.
Stretchy Henna Choker

3. The Reinvented Button Down- This is the most disappointing trend this season. They have taken the classic button down and RUINED it. I mean what the hell is this? I don’t need to say much because the pictures speak for themselves-


4. Athleisure- Comfortable clothing as a fashion trend? Hell yes! If I had to choose one item to wear for the rest of my life, it would be my leggings. They look good with anything- be it a crop top, jacket or an over-sized t-shirt. I prefer an over-sized t-shirt because then I don’t have to worry about my posture.


5. Cold shoulder- There are wayyy too many variations of the cold shoulder in the market, while some are really cute and trendy, others just look like the tops have holes in them where they shouldn’t.
 This is cute.
This is forced.
6. Slogan tees- A tee shirt that declares I’m in a relationship with food? Yes Please. A slogan tee paired with a cute skirt is always a great choice, you can look cute while making a statement about anything, be it politics, environment, women's rights or to support your favorite TV show.

7. Denim- Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I am a HUGE denim fan. Denim jackets and skirts are currently my favorite clothing items because they are so easy to style as they go with everything.  At a party I’m the person most likely to show up like this-

8. Mules- This one is a big no for me. Maybe it’s because I find open backed footwear very uncomfortable in general (It’s a dirt magnet, especially in India). Even if I put my hatred for open back shoes aside, I do not find these attractive at all! They were originally supposed to be bedroom slippers (16th century Europe), I think they should stay in the bedroom.




9. Distressed Tees- No.NO.NO. Distressed jeans are cool, distressed tees make you look like a fool (literally what my mom said). My first thought after looking at this was- either this designer has given up or is lashing out. If I bought a distressed tee my mother would turn it into a mop (she wouldn’t give it away because you don’t donate/wear torn clothes.)



10. Shirt Dresses- A very versatile clothing item. These suit everybody!  I especially love pairing shirt dresses with knee or thigh high boots, makes for such a chic outfit!

11. Night wear as day wear- I personally wear my night suit at home ALL DAY LONG, but that look is probably not going to win me any applause on the red carpet. I adore slip dresses, they are cute and can make for a stunning outfit when paired with a denim jacket. I also love how everybody wants to sell the pajama set as a red carpet worthy outfit given it’s level of comfort but honestly, it just doesn’t cut it!
Still a night suit.
12. Bell sleeves- LOVE them! Just add a bell-sleeved top to a snug pair of jeans and heels and you’re party ready! Whenever I wear a top or dress with bell sleeves I like to tuck my arms in and pretend I’m Lord Varys.

P.S: If you like something then you should wear it and don't be afraid to customize, ain't nobody better than our local masterji. Own it girl!

तुम्हे कोई हक़ नहीं की तुम इतनी ख़ूबसूरत लगो




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts