Three in One

Hey There!

For someone who loves fashion, we saw college as our personal fashion runway! We wore different outfits everyday, probably didn't repeat our clothes throughout the first semester (that's four months ya'll). But as college life progressed, our wardrobes diminished (more like bank account, oh well..) so we started experimenting with styling a bit more and found ways to wear the same clothing item multiple ways. It's like wearing a whole new outfit each time!

Today we have put together 12 different looks using only 4 outfits!

1. A BUTTON DOWN DRESS

-Manasvi Neyol

Everyone who knows me is well aware of my undying love for dresses. I particularly love this button down-olive green number for it can be worn in multiple ways.
  • Look 1- Wear your button-down dress with your favorite pair of shoes, add whatever accessories you like, in my case, it is a belt and you’re good to go.
  • Look 2- Since it is a button down dress, it can be worn as a cape with jeans and a cute pair of flats. Was I feeling like a superhero with this look? YES. 
  • Look 3- Technically speaking, I am wearing a dress and a skirt at the same time, and that too with a set of comfortable shoes! You could also pair this with black heels for an upgraded look. As for me, I’m a sneakers kinda girl!

2. A BLAZER

-Mitali Khachi

We all know how expensive good blazers are, which is why when I bought mine, I decided to wear it as many times as I possibly could.
  • Look 1- Wear a well-fitted blazer with a nice pair of trousers and a formal blouse, and waltz your way through a meeting at work
  • Look 2- For a cool and chic look, style that blazer with a pair of ripped jeans and a nice pair of heels. Trust me, you can never go wrong with this combination.
  • Look 3- Girls night out? Strap on your stilettos, pair them with a cute skirt and put on that blazer for that X factor.

3. A KURTA

-Manasvi Neyol 

In the sweltering Delhi summers, nothing is more comfortable than wearing cotton kurtas. Don’t fret if you don’t have too many, just be smart and style them differently each time.
  • Look 1- Wearing a dupatta makes me feel 100 times more graceful (even though I’m a klutz and will probably trip over it a few times). This is the classic ‘desi girl’ look, complete with bindi and juttis!
  • Look 2- While kurta with jeans is a classic look, kurta styled as a cape/shrug is one step ahead! (p.s. I have a new found love for all button-down clothes)
  • Look 3- Pallazzos have been trending for a long time and I, for one, am not complaining! Wear your kurta with pallazzo pajama for an easy-breezy desi look. (P.S. I’m waiting for someone to make a matka shaped bag so that it's more feasible for me to carry it!

4. A SCARF

-Mitali Khachi 

Most of us wear scarves in that plain-old boring way, whereas it can be used in so many more more fun and exciting ways!
  • Look 1- This is 100% inspired from old bollywood movies. A fancy hair-tie or a scarf around your hair….umm I vote for the latter!
  • Look 2- While black Tee+blue jeans is a classic look, one can always add an accessory like this, to spice it up. 
  • Look 3- My personal sense of style may not be bohemian, but when it comes to wearing a scarf in this manner, I am always up for it. Also, it’s DIY- you don’t have to hunt for the perfect hair band, just fashion one of your own!

So dear readers, get creative with your clothes! Not only will your bank accounts be happier, you will also have a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts