How we started blogging!

Hey There!


Writing is an art, one that, until recently, we thought we did not possess. To think that we could write articles that would garner decent readership, was a crazy idea to us! We were sort of sailing (well, more like sinking) in the same boat career-wise after college. We’d spent years being fixated on one thing only and didn't pay attention to millions of other opportunities the world had to offer. Both of us were looking at doing something new, fun and creative. That is how we came to start this blog!

State of mind before starting the blog



Manasvi: Panic. Anxiety. Nervousness. Confusion. I had recently given up on my career of choice and had decided to move on since it was not working out for me. It was very difficult to just drop everything. I did not know what I would do next or which job would be good for me. I just knew that I had to move on. Before starting the blog I was feeling lost and helpless. Blogging was, in a way, always at the back of my mind but I would have never started a blog without a little nudge in that direction from Mitali.

Mitali: While I was hunting for opportunities to make a fresh start after moving on from what I thought was my career path, Manasvi came up with the idea of starting a blog, and sought a review from me on her first article.I had a lot of free time on my hands at that time, so I happily obliged. Just editing that article alone was such a satisfying and refreshing experience, that when she suggested we start a joint blog, I did not waste a second more and quickly sat down to write my first article ever. I mean, I was going to make myself available to edit her articles anyway, might as well get fully committed to the blog and get credits for the same!

Motivation to start blogging





Manasvi: I was online all the time, looking for new career options and things that I would be good at. That is when I came across some articles about blogging and I thought maybe I should try this, I was still not sure. Then, I came across a Digital marketing Training and was immediately convinced to sign up because one of its lessons gave us an in-depth knowledge about blogging and the exercises entailed in starting a blog. That’s how I started blogging and wrote my first every post about Motivation. (Motivation tools- Tried and Tested)


Mitali: The idea was not to create any path-breaking content. I just wanted to write about simple- everyday life things to pass time, while I looked for prospective career options.The appreciation I got for my first piece (Testy Twenties) was so overwhelming, that it made me want to write more and take it seriously. In this age of digital media, where there is no shortage of platforms to share one’s views on, I decided to share my Musings and Mutterings which I know will resonate with many of my readers.

How blogging has helped us




Manasvi: Blogging has been cathartic for me. All my negative energies are now channeled into creating valuable content for my blog. If I am not doing anything else I am thinking about my blog- what topics would be interesting, the issues that are close to my heart or the graphics I should create. Thinking about all these things is relaxing and keeps anxiety and stress at bay. It’s similar to journal writing except, everyone can read the blog and relate to my thoughts and musings. This blog is just a month old ,yet it has become a huge part of my personal development. I have become more aware and observant, and I’m always trying to be and to do better.

Mitali: Blogging has been a revelation! It has been much more than just a creative outlet. Besides adding to my existing skill set, it has been a source of personal growth, and has brought with it so many valuable life lessons: to not be afraid of trying something new, to not let the fear of failure stop one from pursuing one's interests and the most important one of all, to always always have faith in oneself! Things ultimately have a way of working out on their own ( Manasvi is now happily interning in a digital marketing company, and I am about to begin an internship tomorrow!)

Our plans for the blog this year

We are toddlers in this vast world of blogging as we’ve been active for just a little over a month. Our blog is called Musings & Mutterings for a reason: we decided not to stick to a particular genre and to write about pretty much everything- from our metro journeys to popular sitcoms, from social taboos in India to trials and tribulations of most twentysomethingyear olds. We have managed to find our groove, and are more excited than ever to tell you more of our stories. This year we plan to hunt for more exciting content, write about more such relatable things, expand our reach and improve our delivery.

In the end , all we would like to say is that if there is anything that you want to try your hand at, don’t let the fear of how it will be received by others hold you back!

New year, new opportunities. Let 2018 be the year you find your spark!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts